A lot of people are now considering switching to a tankless water heater due to the many benefits that they can get from it. Not only users get continuous amount of hot water but also it helps lower the cost of their bill over time. If you are currently seeking for the best tankless water heater, know that there are actually a lot to choose from now in the market. With high demands from consumers, manufacturers are now offering them in different sizes depending on the household that it will be used for.
But what are the benefits of using tankless water heaters? Are they really cost effective? Let’s take a look on what you will get if in case you decide to switch from using your own water heater tanks at home.
Cost Benefits Of Tankless Water Heaters.
It is true that buying a new tankless water heater cost more during the initial purchase. However, having this type of heater at home will definitely save you a lot for long term use. A typical heater uses tanks that stores hot water inside. When the water starts to cool down, the motor will start running to maintain the temperature. This means more electricity used and higher monthly bill will follow.
On the other hand, a tankless water heater is designed differently, and obviously, you don’t need a tank to get hot water straight to your shower or faucet. The water goes straight to the water heater box and makes the water hot as it passes through. Just by knowing this, you will realize that the only time you consume energy is when you actually use the shower or tap. This lowers the cost of your energy consumption right away. Aside from this, since the water is heated only when used, it also saves your power consumption compared to the traditional tanked water heater. More or less, consumers can save about 20% from their water heating charges.
Other Benefits Of Tankless Water Heaters.
- Tankless water heaters save a lot of space. Compared to the other type where in you need to designate a space for the tank, this type of heater is placed usually beside the shower or the faucet itself. It does not consume a lot of space because they are indeed a lot smaller in size and most of the time fixed on the wall.
- Tankless water heaters will never run out of hot water. This is because they are directly connected to the water supply and so every time you turn the faucet on, you are surely to get hot water.
- Tankless water heaters last longer than tank heaters. They are likely to add 5 or 10 more years compared to the traditional type. Definitely a lot of savings for the users.
- Tankless water heaters only use energy when in use and only heat the water that you will be using.
- Tankless water heaters do not store any water in any part of the equipment other than its pipes.
All in all, using a tankless water heater has many benefits that you can enjoy for a long time. Although the initial cost of the equipment may be a bit expensive compared to tanked water heaters, the saving that you will get for the coming years are definitely greater. And since they are made to last for years, buying a particular brand is very important. This is why you should be able to check on some product comparisons as well in order to get the right tankless water heater for your household.